The undersigned, being the parent or legal guardian of the sailor named below, hereby acknowledges, consents and agrees to the following in order to induce Bellport Bay Sailing Foundation, Inc (“BBSF”) to provide the child with sailing instruction (the “Program”):
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 is contagious and the Centers for Disease Control of the United States Department of Health and Human Services (“CDC”) and many other public health authorities recommend practicing social distancing.
- BBSF has put in place preventative measures attempting to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- BBSF cannot guarantee that the child will not become infected with Coronavirus/Covid-19 during his/her participation in the Program.
- I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of the child, myself, my family and others, including, but not limited to other children, staff, instructors and their families.
- I voluntarily seek for the child to participate in the Program and agree to comply with all procedures established by the Program.
- Neither I nor the child nor anyone residing with us are:
- experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell;
- have traveled internationally within the last 14 days;
- have traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days;
- believe we have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 within the last 14 days; and
- have been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet been cleared as non contagious by state or local public health authorities.
- If I become aware of the child being exposed to a person suspected or confirmed to have Coronavirus/COVID-19 or the child experiences any symptoms of illness, I will immediately inform you and the child will immediately cease participating in the Program and will not resume participation until at least 14 days after: (a) the last potential exposure or (b) the child ceases having symptoms.
- We will follow all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limit our exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- I HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD BBSF HARMLESS FROM, ANY CLAIM BROUGHT AGAINST IT, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND STAFF ARISING FROM THE CHILD BECOMING INFECTED WITH CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19.
ACKNOWLEDGED AND AGREED TO: